CONTACT of Burlington County provides assistance in the following program areas:
• Crisis Helpline (856-234-8888): Immediate 24/7 access to telephone support and crisis intervention to anyone in need of guidance, comfort or emergency help. Approximately 25,000 calls are received each year on our helplines. Callers come from all walks of life and economic backgrounds, but all are in need of assistance.
• Community Resources (856-234-8888): 24/7 access to information and referrals to social and human resources in the community. CONTACT maintains a comprehensive database of organizations that serve Burlington County. CONTACT participates in the continuum of care in Burlington County to address the needs of our community.
• PetFriends (856-234-4688): A statewide 24/7 grief support helpline offering information and referrals to people mourning or anticipating the loss of a pet through death or any other kind of separation. This program is funded by the New Jersey Veterinary Foundation.
• Reassurance (856-234-8888): A daily “care-call” by a trained individual to verify the well-being of a homebound person living alone, primarily serves the elderly. Calls are made anywhere from three to seven days a week. This personal interaction helps to alleviate isolation depression and to support care-giving families.
• Sexual Assault Services (856-234-8888): Services to victims of sexual assault by specially trained confidential advocates who offer telephone support and accompaniments at hospitals, police stations and court. Specialized counseling available for victims and their significant others. Outreach Education staff provide presentations throughout the community on victim services and primary prevention of sexual violence.
• TeenLine (856-234-0634): A safe place where teens can talk to other teens about the stresses in their lives and discuss positive ways to manage those stresses.
• KidsLine (856-234-6929): A “warmline” for elementary school children, a place where children can call if they are home alone, lonely, scared or just need to talk to someone.
• Outreach and Education (856-234-8888): Free presentations on CONTACT’s services are available. Educational workshops carry a fee.